Friday, November 27, 2009

GRaNdPa MoMeNts ReMeMbeReD

I took these photos this summer at our cabin. Every time I go there, I remember my sweet Grandpa Hatch. Everything about the cabin screams “Grandpa!” His hat that hangs on the wall, his boots in the shed, the waders leaning against the shed, the four-wheelers, the cows, the ditch, the smell, the sounds…everything. It’s an unspoken feeling at the cabin, that everyone misses him, and remembers him every time we’re there. I miss hearing him stomp around downstairs to get us to wake up without telling us to. I miss sitting on his lap. I miss holding his hand, and tracing the wrinkles. I miss putting curlers in his hair. I miss going for four-wheeler rides. I miss hearing his laugh. I miss him. Capture every moment, because you never know when those moments won’t happen anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brittany... These are beautiful! You've always been so talented!!! I will need to get with you and set up a photo shoot. We've been wanting to do this for a very long time! I just found out today (Saturday after Thanksgiving) that you do this... let me talk with my family and see when a good time would be??? Is there a better time of day...like just before dusk, dawn... etc. I know the time of day makes a difference depending on where you take the pictures. I have a big family... 8 grandbabies now (can you believe it, and I look so young!). LOL Besides and 8 (not so much babies anymore!) there are 8 Adults. Is this something you can do? Talk to me on my Face Book! ((Hugs!))

    ReplyDelete